Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Crock Pot Spicy Chicken Broccoli Slaw

I made this a few days ago and I have more cooking in the crock pot as I type this blog entry. It's cold and snowy outside today, so this is the perfect dish for dinner. Super easy to make, super yummy and who doesn't love a good crock pot recipe?

Ingredients Needed:
2 Cans of Mild Diced Tomatoes & Chilies (do NOT drain your juice)
1 Yellow Onion - Chopped (I did big chunks)
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (I used frozen)
McCormick Mesquite Seasoning
Less Sodium Soy Sauce (amount used is based on preference, I used about 1 tablespoon)
1 Tablespoon Earth Balance Butter
1 12 oz bag of Broccoli Slaw



Ready?

Chop your onion, I did big chunks. Pour 2 cans of tomatoes & chilies (juice included) in crock pot, top with your chopped onion. Place frozen boneless skinless chicken breast on top. I did not use a specific amount of mesquite seasoning, just enough to cover my chicken. The juice from the tomatoes and chilies makes this :almost: soup like. Not quite a soup, but juicy. Ah yummy. (although I'm sure you could add a can of broth to make this soup)
Cook on high for 4 hours, stir occasionally. After 3 hours I used two forks to start shredding my chicken. Once shredded, add your bag of broccoli slaw, tablespoon of butter and tablespoon of soy sauce. Let cook for remaining hour.

Done. I think this would also taste really good with maybe some corn and black beans added to it. So delish! I hope you enjoy as much as I did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment