Sunday, January 19, 2014

Healthy Pineapple Sorbet



Healthy. Easy to make. 3 Ingredients. YUMMY. That's how I would describe my Pineapple Sorbet. Oh and it was a HUGE hit with my son. He has Autism and when it comes to food, he's super picky due to sensory/textures. He LOVED it. LOVED. ::that's a big deal you guys:: He inhaled almost 3 bowls, I had 1 1/2 and we had none left.



Ingredients Needed:

Needless to say, he was excited to help me make this recipe! :)


1 Fresh Pineapple - peeled, cored and chopped.
(here's a great tutorial to show to work with Pineapple if you are unfamiliar, like I was!)
1 Cup of Soy Milk
1 tablespoon of honey - optional, but does add some sweetness.

Who wants Sorbet?

So I peeled, cored and chopped my pineapple and froze the pineapple chunks overnight. You can use frozen pineapple if you prefer.
Combine the frozen pineapple, milk and honey. Blend until it's a sorbet texture. I use a Ninja Kitchen System Pulse. I :almost: needed something a little bit bigger, but I made it work!
Serve immediately.

IF you have any left over you can freeze in ice cube trays and you can use later for smoothies! :)
Next time, I'll make a double batch, because it was gone within 20 minutes. Yummy.

Yes, he's wearing a Christmas shirt in January. It's cute and he loves it! :)

We hope you LOVE this as much as we did! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment