Saturday, January 25, 2014

Crock Pot Apples

OKAY.....I WILL be making this again. Soon. Very soon.

What I love about this recipe is that you can puree it and make applesauce OR it would make the BEST apple pie filling. This recipe is super easy and it makes your house smell like yummy apples.....who doesn't love that?

Ingredients:
10 Apples - I purchased a bag of Fuji Apples
1/2 Cup of Earth Balance Butter - melted.
1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon (or more if you like)
1/2 Teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice (just for a little extra something tasty)
1/4 Cup of Brown Coconut Sugar
1/4 Cup of Honey

Having an Apple Corer/Slicer makes the apple cutting process SO much easier, trust me. You can pick one up at Walmart.
See how easy that is? And then use your knife to peel your apple skin. *You could probably leave the skin on if you wanted to.

Ready?
Once you have all your apples cored/sliced/peeled place them in the crock pot.
In a small bowl, mix your brown coconut sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. 
 Sprinkle the mixture over apples. Top with your honey and melted butter. Mix to make sure all apple slices are coated.
Cook on high for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally to make sure apples are evenly coated.
This isn't a necessary step, but I took this cute little egg guy and mashed my apples (some).

Like I said, this would make the BEST apple pie filling, applesauce or even served with oatmeal. I foresee myself making an apple pie in the very near future. This tasted super yummy served over some of my Gluten/Dairy Free Granola. 

Hope you enjoy as much as I did!! :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment