Saturday, February 1, 2014

Gluten/Dairy Free Mac and Cheese

Our son has been on a gluten/dairy free diet for quite some time. And for quite some time I've been on the hunt for a yummy mac and cheese recipe. In the past we tried some various brands, out of the box. And while it was gluten/dairy free....sadly, it tasted and smelled like tires. No joke.

My husband is currently stationed overseas and I told him that while he was away I WOULD find or make a recipe that was yummy. Our son has Autism, so he's extremely picky when it comes to food, certain textures or smells he just can't do. So receiving two thumbs up was the Ronnie stamp of approval.
That's the face I was hoping to see after he tasted it! 


Ingredients Needed:

Gluten Free Noodles - I used a 12 oz package - will include picture.
1 1/2 Cups of Soy Milk
1 - 8 oz Package of Daiya Mozzarella Style Shreds Cheese - you can use cheddar instead if you want.
3 Tablespoons of Earth Balance Butter
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Power
1/4 teaspoon Ground Mustard
1/4 teaspoon Salt - add more if needed.
His noodles, which by the way I picked up at Walmart, are little ducks. Ducks! How cute is that? And he was SO excited about it too!

Ready to Cook?

Cook pasta as instructed on package. I used the entire 12 oz package.  After noodles are done cooking, drain and set aside. In a medium sauce pan, on low heat, melt your 3 tablespoons of butter. Whisk garlic powder and ground mustard in with butter. Add your package of cheese and milk. Stir occasionally, cook for about 15 mins. Mix cheese sauce and pasta until well combined.

He had TWO helpings and another bowl for an after bath snack. This is :HUGE: for him! :)

I hope you enjoy as much as we did! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment