Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sun-Catcher Fun

So I was browsing through Pinterest like I so often do and came across this Bead-dazzle me a Sun-Catcher at Clever Catastrophe. What a fun project to do with the kiddo.
So given it's the month of October, we made a Pumpkin themed sun-catcher and then the kiddo chose all the different beads for our second one.

Materials Needed:
Cake Pan - As noted in the tutorial I came across and I highly agree with this, any scratches in your pan will show up on your sun-catcher, the hubs said it adds character!
Metal Washers - I used these to leave a hole in my sun-catcher to make hanging easier.
Plastic Beads - Any color you want!

Let's Craft:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange beads however you would like, if using pony beads like these, I placed flat with hole side up. I'm sure it would be okay if the beads were on their sides too....but I tend to be a perfectionist so this is how I did it!
*Please note, the melting plastic will produce an odor.

Like I said, arrange beads however you would like.

I used two metal washers per sun-catcher, double stacked them. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on your oven. So I would just check after 20 mins and go from there. After it's done baking allow beads to cool and then just pop them out of the pan. Now, on our second sun-catcher I think I left it in the pan to cool for longer than I should have....it was difficult to get out of the pan. Popped a few beads out while trying to remove it, but like the hubs says, it adds character! I used grosgrain ribbon to hang them.


And done! How cute are those? And what I love about this craft...the possibilities are endless. I do believe we will make more for each holiday! Hope you enjoy this craft as much as the kiddo and I did! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment