Saturday, October 5, 2013

Gluten Free/Dairy Free Granola

My son is on a gluten free/dairy free diet and I'm always on the hunt for yummy recipes. I came across this recipe on simplygluten-free. It's typical of me to find a new recipe to try and really just use it as a guideline. I always change it up. So here's my version....super yummy too! :)
Ingredients Needed:
3/4 cup Honey Roasted Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Earth Balance Butter (melted)
1 Organic Banana - peeled and mashed
1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract 
1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chunks/Chips
1 cup of Currants (or any other dried fruit)
2 1/2 cups Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats (I use The Red Mill brand)


The peanut butter we use is made right there in the store at Earth Fare, oh how I will miss that store when we move from Alabama to Arkansas.

Let's Make Granola:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In large mixing bowl mix your honey roasted peanut butter (or whatever kind you use), peel and mash your banana, melted butter, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Mix well. Then add your chocolate chunks/chips and dried fruit. Mix well. Finally add your gluten free quick oats and mix well.

Spray an 8x8 baking dish (I use a glass dish) with non-stick cooking spray. Pour into dish and press firmly and evenly. I like to push some chocolate chips into the top of the granola before placing in the oven, to give it some extra chocolate! :)

Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely. I store in the refrigerator, which will keep for at least a week.
This is super yummy with vanilla coconut milk yogurt, I use the So Delicious brand.

I hope you and your family enjoy this super yummy Gluten Free/Dairy Free Granola recipe as much as my family does! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment