Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole

My newest creation, Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole. I usually make Chicken and Rice Casserole, but wanted to change things up. I've mentioned before and probably will mention it many more times....the thing I love about recipes is that you can always change things up and make it your own. The possibilities are endless when it comes to cooking and that's what I love.


Ingredients Needed:
2 Cups of Minute Rice (uncooked)
1 Cup of Water
2 Cans of Broccoli Cheese Condensed Soup
1 Can of Mild Diced Tomatoes and Chilies
1 Small Yellow Onion
1 Jumbo Garlic (optional)
1 lb Ground Turkey
Bacon - Cut into bite size pieces (as many slices as you would like)
1 Package of McCormick Mesquite Seasoning

Let's Get to Cooking:
Preheat over to 350 degrees.

First you're going to cook your bacon, using as many pieces as you want. I used about 8 pieces. While your bacon is cooking, chop your onion, peel and mince your garlic - I use a Food Chopper to mince the garlic. If you aren't sure how to peel your garlic, this is a great tutorial to show you how. Once my bacon was done cooking, I sauteed the onion and garlic in the yumminess the bacon left behind. After a few minutes, add your turkey meat.

While your turkey is cooking, mix together in your casserole dish (I use a glass 14 x 9.5) your 2 Cups of Rice, 1 Cup of Water, 2 Cans of Broccoli and Cheese Condensed Soup, 1 Can of Mild Diced Tomatoes and Chilies, Bite Size Pieces of Bacon and McCormick Mesquite Seasoning. With the seasoning, use as little or as much as you would like. It just depends on how spicy you would like it. Once your turkey/onion/garlic is done cooking, add to the mixture in your casserole dish and mix together.

Bake for 30-45 minutes.

I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did. The hubs is stationed in Turkey right now, so he'll have to try it on his mid tour! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment