Thursday, April 16, 2015

Peanut Butter Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding


Okay....I'll be the first to admit. It doesn't :look: very pretty, but it tastes pretty amazing.

I'm a perfectionist when it comes to putting together a new recipe. I wanted to get the amount of ingredients just right, so this is actually my third batch. My other two batches didn't included peanut butter, it was actually a last minute idea. Glad I included it though!

This pudding includes Chia Seed (as you noticed in the title ;) ). Did you know that to the ancient Aztecs, chia seed was not only a food staple but was also regarded a valuable commodity or currency in the trade or exchange of other goods. Although they couldn’t have known the full nutritional and antioxidant value of the tiny seed, they did observe its effects and gave named the plant chia, which means “strength.”
 
Chia seed is equally valued today as a superfood because it is abundant in protein, essential vitamins and minerals, amino acids and antioxidants, including quercetin and kaempferol. In terms of fiber, a mere one-ounce serving (about 2 tablespoons) provides more than 40% of the recommended daily intake of dietary fiber.

Ingredients Needed:
1/2 cup of Organic Pumpkin
1/2 cup of Honey Roasted Peanut Butter (I get mine freshly made from Whole Foods)
2/3 cup Almond Milk (I use Vanilla)
1 teaspoon Organic Vanilla Extract
1 tablespoon Honey
1/4 cup Chia Seed
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon (add more if you like a stronger cinnamon flavor)
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice

Let's Get Started:
Mix your pumpkin, peanut butter and milk together first! Then, I add one spice at a time, mix well! Add vanilla extract and honey, mix! Add in your chia seeds and mix!

Pour into whatever bowl/dish you are using to store your pudding in (I use a glass casserole dish that has a lid) and let set in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.

And enjoy....


No comments:

Post a Comment