Saturday, September 20, 2014

Sensory Bin





A Sensory Bin is so easy to  make and the possibilities are endless. I grabbed a small tote from Walmart so it has a lid and can easily be stored. I grabbed a 10lb bag of rice, aquarium rocks and jewels to add color and some lavender essential oil.

I used about half a bag of the rice and ended up only using one bag of the aquarium rocks, but both bags of jewels. I buried a few alligators and letters to spell out Alligator, to go with our A is for Alligator Unit we did. Each week I'll switch out the toys/letters to go with our new unit.

I poured the rice in the bin and did about 20 (ish) drops of the lavender essential oil and mixed well, then added all the other stuff to it. I went with lavender oil, since it has a calming effect.

He was a bit unsure at first. Especially about his toys being in there. I assured him they were okay, that the rice wouldn't hurt them. And then he started to enjoy it. Once he dug out all the letters to spell Alligator, then we played! I was the Queen Alligator protecting my jewels. The giant Alligator kept taking all the red ones (Ronnie's favorite color).


So there you have it. These are so easy to put together and like I said, the possibilities are endless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment