Saturday, September 21, 2013

Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps





Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps have become a favorite for my husband and I. Our friends get tickled at how often we have them. I found the original recipe at Mostly Homemade Mom, although we make them entirely different. Like I mentioned in my Ground Turkey Enchiladas blog post, I love experimenting with recipes and making them my own.




Ingredients Needed:

1 Small Yellow Onion
1 lb of Ground Turkey
8 Slices of Turkey Bacon
1 Package of McCormicks Mesquite Seasoning
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Yellow Mustard
1 Package (of 10) of La Banderita Soft Taco Flour Tortillas (We end up using 9 shells)

Let's Cook:

First, you are going to cook your 8 slices of bacon. Once cooked, set aside. Chop your onion. Since I use Turkey Bacon, it's not really greasy in the pan but has some of that yummy flavoring. So once my onion is chopped I cook it on what's left of the bacon remains.





Cook onion for a few minutes until it's nice and caramelized. Then add the Ground Turkey. While you are cooking the ground turkey with the onion, start chopping your 8 slices of bacon into small pieces. Once your turkey meat is completely cooked, add your bacon and mesquite seasoning. Stir very well so that all your seasoning is mixed, sometimes I might add a little bit of olive oil to help with mixing the seasoning.





Once you have the meat mixture complete, it's time to start building your cheeseburger wraps. Microwave your shell for 10 seconds. Add about 2 tablespoons of meat mixture to shell, top with some shredded mozzarella and then mustard.





Once you have made all your cheeseburger wraps, place them on the grill. Grill (flipping once) just long enough to melt the cheese and add a little char. Maybe about 5 mins total.


Once you're done with that, it's time to eat! :) I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment