Friday, September 27, 2013

Corn Side Dish

I originally had this recipe posted on one of my other blogs, but thought I would go ahead and share it here too!

This is a yummy yummy Corn Side Dish I came up with. It's so easy and takes maybe 10 minutes to make!


We were having chicken for dinner one night and I was tired of just having some plain corn on the side. So I came up with this Corn Side Dish. I had a frozen bag of corn and a can of Mild Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies.


 
I also had a half of purple onion. I call it purple, some call it red. Looks purple, so we're going with purple onion. :) And I had one of our favorite McCormick seasonings, Mesquite. Spicy....which my husband loves.
So I chopped my half onion into small pieces, any size will work though. Placed in a bowl, poured in some olive oil. I didn't measure the amount, just enough to give it a bit of a coating and then I added a half of package of the Mesquite seasoning. Mixed it until all the onion was coated. Once that was done I placed it in a skillet placed on medium heat. Saute for about 3 minutes.
While the onions are cooking, I cooked my frozen (steamable) bag of corn for 4 minutes in the microwave. Once that was done I added the corn to the seasoned onion, mixed it well to get all the corn coated. Then I added the Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, I drained the juice before adding.
Again, mix it well to get all those flavors mixed together. Stir around in skillet for just a few minutes. Watch it so it doesn't stick. That's never fun!

And that's it, you are ready to eat! We eat this with chicken or talapia. I also like to eat it over a bed of spinach. Delish! Hope you enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment