Tuesday, February 24, 2015

DIY Toothpaste

I've not always made my own toothpaste. It wasn't until a friend of mine (who works in the dental field) shared this article on Facebook one day that I really started to question why I wasn't just making my own. When I read this article I was in....well shock. Plastic. In your toothpaste. Wow. It's a great article, so definitely check it out!

We've been making our own toothpaste for probably close to a year now. Even my super picky hubby likes it! ;)

It's really easy to make too. 3 ingredients, yep just three.

Here we go:

5 tablespoons of Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon of baking soda (grabbed mine from Whole Foods, forgot to take a picture)
10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional, but we love it)

Mix well and done!
**Consistency will change based on room temperature.


My husband, son and I share this and can make it last for almost a month.

Enjoy! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment