Monday, September 30, 2013

Bowl Full of Yumminess

I honestly can't come up with a name for this dish. So a Bowl Full of Yumminess it shall be. My husband is stationed in Turkey right now and that's the only way I can get away with cooking like this. He's not a fan of mushrooms.




I don't have exact measurements for this dish. I literally just made it up as I went along. I can tell you that I used:

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast.
1 yellow onion.
Sliced Mushrooms - as many as you would like
1 bag of frozen corn - thawed
Cabbage - as much as you would like, cut into smaller pieces
Spinach Leaves - as much as you would like, cut into smaller pieces
Soy Sauce
Mesquite Seasoning - optional
Grape Tomatoes - optional

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and cook in skillet until done.
In a separate skillet, saute your mushrooms and onion in some soy sauce. Amount of soy sauce used is however much you would like. I used maybe 2 tablespoons. Once that is done, add your cabbage, spinach and corn. If you want, add a bit more soy sauce. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring so there is no sticking.
Then add your chicken and sprinkle some mesquite seasoning and mix well. The mesquite seasoning is optional, I like to use it to add a little spice. And you may notice from my other recipes, that's one of my favorite spices! :)

After that, you're done. It's such a simple dish that's easy to add or take away ingredients, you can experiment and make it your own. :)

I added the grape tomatoes on the side, taste great with the Bowl Full of Yumminess!

Hope you enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment